Congratulations to our lovely manager of Golden, Mia Eriksson-Blundell, one of 27 women graduating from the 2011 Management Development Program for Women during the 19th Convocation on June 4, 2011!
The Management Development Program for Women (MDPW), is designed for highly motivated women who wish to develop management skills they can use immediately in a practical work environment. It has been offered since 1992 by the Centre for Research and Education on Women and Work (CREWW), Sprott School of Business, Carleton University. Mia completed this 10 month program in addition to her Bridgehead Coffeehouse Manager Position, “Madeline’s Mom” Position and while also being elected President of the Board of the River Parkway and River Heights Children’s Centres.
The MDPW distinguishes itself by:
- providing an intensive, structured educational experience,
- addressing the issues women face in management,
- providing an integrated view of management,
- helping participants improve their management skills,
- enhancing participants’ self-confidence, and
- providing opportunities for participants to network with other women.
Course work included:
- Business Strategy
- Business Writing
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Human Resources Management
- Management and Organizational Behaviour
- Management Information Systems
- Program Evaluation
- Project Management
She joins a distinguished alumni group that comprises over 500 members. We are so proud of Mia and all of her accomplishments!